Baked Fish Recipes
Fresh fish is one of the healthiest and low-fat meat that you should have more in your diet as they are a also a good source of protein. Some people have an aversion to fish because they have some bad childhood memories of it. In reality, fish is quite good when you cook it right using the proper recipe.
One of the healthiest way to prepare fish is to bake it. One of the important things that you need to watch out for however is to not over cooking your fish because if you do that, your fish is going to become very dry and distasteful. You can easily tell if a fish is done just by noticing the change in color from translucent to opaque (white).
- 1 lb unbreaded fish fillets, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups hot herb broth
- 1 can Durkee French fried onions
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup uncooked regular rice
- 1 package frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- some paprika
1. First of all, preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C).
2. In a baking dish, add in the uncooked rice, hot broth and seasonings. Combine and mix well.
3. Cover and bake it for 10 minutes.
4. Uncover and top it with 1/2 can of French fried onions, brocolli and Parmesan cheese. After that, place the fish fillets over the broccoli and sprinkle some paprika over it.
5. Cover and bake it again for 25 minutes.
6. Uncover and top it with the remaining french fried onions and shredded Cheddar cheese.
7. Bake uncovered until the cheese melts.
8. Serve and enjoy!